Poems and Sonnets
- What love isn't
Edna St Vincent Millay
- A Summer Sonnet
- A seasonal twist on the Bard.
Romana Machado, an interesting net celebrity
- as it happens
- Time compressed
caught by a friend of mind, Kyle Parrish.
- Robert Francis thinks it's not such a bad thing to be
woken up to look at the sky. "Persuade me"
From the collection of poetry
'Reflections on The Gift of a Watermelon Pickle'....
- A rhyming little charm.
by Donald Hall. Also from 'Watermelon Pickle',
an excellent collection of poetry, aimed at children, but refreshing for
- To His Coy Mistress
The Rolling Stones have it wrong: time ain't on our side.
A piece of classic literature by Andrew Marvell.
- A Short poem about the heart of The City
by Elise Paschen
- One Art
- The Art of Losing
by Elizabeth Bishop- found taped to a door at
Tuft's english department
- An Exercise in Sadness
- A study in the other side of romance.
- Love Poem (for T)
- A longing tribute
- Psalm 183
- A religion of eros
Joseph Zitt, found on the Net
- One Can
- on human feeling and foliage,
David Ignatow, from
'The Prose Poem: An International Journal Volume 3'
- Memory's a Traitor
- A brief poem
M.A. Mohanraj, the 'ubiquitous Web Siren'
- A well know poem
by Dorothy Parker, who can say more in 4 lines than anyone.
- Baby, It's You
- Keeping your sense of self and your beloved.
From a performance
piece by David Cale
- I Won't Send Roses
- An apology from the musical "Mack and Mabel"
- Love Armed
- A good example of the lover's complaint,
Aphra Behn, a woman
author of the 17th century
- At First Sight
- on the plausibility of sudden feeling
- To Alice B. Toklas
- Strange, but beautiful.
Comments or Material that you want to see in the Blender of Love?
Top of the Blender