A New Start!
Welcome to the NEW Blender of Love Digest.
This monthly webzine incorporates the
old Heart on Sleeve Journal but includes new features,
all to make sure we stay 'worth the click'.
Besides the new features, the Blender Digest
will contain the 'best' of the material sent
to the Blender. Every romantic voice will
still be heard on Heart on Sleeve corner, but
the Digest front will have links to what the
Blender-Keepers found most stirring.
Coming in September:
Click back for a Review of the
unsettlingly romantic poet Jack Gilbert's
collection "The Great Fires" Plus...
- Kirk Rambles Regarding The New Yorker's Review
- A formal introduction to the Blender-o-Matic
- More from the Heart-on-Sleeve corner
- The Passing
- By Mary V. Kirov <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
This is a piece that's been waiting way too
long in my 'new submissions' page. It's
a poem that captures the feeling of trying to
sing songs to the deaf...
- By "z", but submitted by "j" Some finely crafted lines
wrap their way into your mind after the poem is read.
- Ashes of the Heart
- By Charlotte Harper <email@example.com>.
A metaphor of hearth and heart, the sudden rush of the
last line caught my eye-
- Love Lost
- By Erin Fisher firstname.lastname@example.org.
Another 'last-liner', a nice 3 line testament.
- By Bonehead99.
And another 3 line piece with a haiku-like
nature. (just don't count the syllables)
- Where has it gone?
- By Tresna-Lee. A work that tries to find where love
might be located on the body.
- The Stoning
- By Suzy O'Keefe email@example.com.
WARNING: not for the prudish, or innocent.
A study of sexuality and the objects that
can hold meaning for two lovers.
- Memories of Rain
- By Lara firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based on a true story of an encounter with a drunk friend.
- By Mya.
Two short, bitingly bitter parodies.
Heart on Sleeve Corner
- All the remaining heartsongs sent to the Blender last month.