Welcome To The Summer
The weather's getting hot and that seems to be reflected in
this month's "Blender Board" section, probably the most
tumultuous one in the history of the Blender.
More excellent works this month as get ready for the
first anniversary site techie-revamp that should fix those
mailing list and "pressing return" issues for good.
This month's Heart-on-Sleeve corner features a Misti Velvet Rainwater
section, as well as the usual collection of heartsong. This
month I ramble on my "lonely guy" days and review a wonderful
collection of memoirs.
--Kirk, Blender Keeper
Two By Established Authors
- mean chosen one - Misti Velvet Rainwater
Another by MVR-- and be sure to check out the special "all Misti" section in this month's
Heart-on-Sleeve Corner, before she leaves us for the summer.
- smoke - msj (email@example.com).
- A slice of life, sight through smoke
- rave review - lisa shields.
(Submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org. )
A celebration of a love that has legs.
- Truth - z.
- A beautiful thought beautifully stated.
- Intoxicated - Shadygirl [email@example.com].
Things can be wrong and right all at once.
- Knocking - Mark Yoshimi.
Looking to connect-- this work has some interesting viewpoint issues.
- Sandman held at gunpoint
- Waltz Skid Dropped from a Skyscraper
- Two by S.J. Cunningham [firstname.lastname@example.org.] both let the words control
the verse, not the other way around.
- LOST SOULMATE - Rennie Lorca.
- A stirring short piece -- wonderful ambiguity in the
first word of the first line.
- (I don't know) - William Carlos Williams.
(Submitted by Misti Velvet Rainwater.)
A wonderful use of words and images by a master.
- Fruit - Rikki Ducornet.
(Submitted by Ruth.)
A few lines from "Das Wunderbuch", a short story from The Word 'Desire'
Heart on Sleeve Corner
- All the remaining heartsongs sent to the Blender last month.