The Dog Days of Summer
We made it through July, spooky interpretations of
Nostradamus aside (though some "true believers" claim
we need to get to October before we're really out of the
woods) But I digress! We've got another month of
new creative work and a PalmPilot related ramble
from yours truly. So get to reading, and enjoy the summer
while it lasts-
(For the record, this issue marks 2 full years of the
new Blender Digest format, with the first version of
the Love Blender itself dating all the way back to late 1993...)
as always: read love & enjoy,
Front Page Picks
- QUANDARY Rennie Lorca - Lorca@bigfoot.com.
Rennie Lorca's poems, short and to the point- or to more than one point.
- Alarmed?By Just L.
Story from the morning after.
- Because of you By Lisa Crouch.
- ??? By The Guppy firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where I First Fell in Love on the Edge of a Glacier in Alaska By Jlor.
- I feel that the works in this triumvirate really stand out for their final lines.
- beautiful morningBy deevaa email@example.com.
Commutes have never sounded this good...
- Effect By Jenna Holland (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Sometimes there are third parties in relationships that are both neccesary and unwelcome...
- MessengerBy Erica (LadyFebruary@yahoo.com).
- Requiem for a chessplayer. The rhythm in this prose poem is amazing.
- take my breath away By d.
- jump By d.
Two breathess pieces by d.
- ex-stacyBy The Guppy.
- luck of the drawBy The Guppy.
- Two by The Guppy. I like "luck of the draw"'s quirkiness and well wishes for ex-romance.
Heart on Sleeve Corner
- All the remaining heartsongs sent to the Blender last month.