Summertime, Summertime, Sum-sum-summertime
Summer's arriving and so has the June Blender Digest...
with the Love Blender having just reached half a million
frontpage hits! Quite a fun milestone.
This month, more than half of the Front Page Picks are
arriving in pairs- not a purposeful ploy on my part, it just
worked out that way.
June's Ramble Regarding Romance is a tribute to a
Sony Dream Machine clock radio. Stranger things have been seen
in this column, but not by much.
As always, Kirk, Blender-Keeper
Read, Love, Enjoy.
Front Page Picks
- Making Records By Erica Naone (LadyFebruary@yahoo.com)
A very detailed metaphor in a nicely structured form.
- Helen Keller's Luck
- My Porch
- Two by Shadygirl <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Both explore
some emotional spaces you don't always find mapped out on the Blender.
- Simple By deevaa - email@example.com.
- Lottery By kevin urenda.
An interesting take on an old metaphor,
with connotations about flirting and hope.
- Unspoken Plea By i_cant_say.
- Spring Fever
- Something About the Boy
- Two by Ria. I especially like the first, and its take on optimism.
- Psych 101 By Crystevin.
A rather playful poem about The Jung and The Restless.
- The Line By Leanne.
Sometimes it's difficult to see the boundaries.
- Two shorter pieces by kate.
- I Blush
- Two by heart Song <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Naked By Linda Dominique Grosvenor <GrosvenorD@aol.com>.
Grammar and nudity.
Heart on Sleeve Corner
- All the remaining heartsongs sent to the Blender last month.