Red Cellophane Wrapped Heart Shaped Boxes of Chocolate
Red cellophane wrapped heart shaped boxes of chocolate are good.
Valentine's Day is coming up, and the Love Blender's still going strong.
I write about that in this month's Ramble, The
State of the Blender.
Some really good works this month, the ones arranged to the right are
my favorites from a really good flock.
So if you're a first time Valentine visitor, welcome. Read the
good stuff we have, join in the Blender Board, and maybe send in some writing of your own.
Read and Enjoy,
*(Oh yeah, and then go read my shamlessly plugged site kisrael.com.)
Front Page Picks
By Laurel Ahlfeld.
- "inspired by the board's discussion of beauty, watching 'A Beautiful Mind' tonight, and some chronic heart ache"
Nothing Like It
- Small observation. Rings true.
By W.H. Auden,
Submitted by Arwen.
I think the last four lines of the first stanza are some of the best in all literature.
First and Last Date #17
No Reply Necessary
By TJ Holland, two stories of
potential romances nipped in the bud.
Make It A Double
I've heard some people point to coffehouses as one of the factors in the birth of the Renaissance.
l / o / v / e
By distant moon.
- The "machine of love" line is a bit much, but the last stanza is wonderful.
styx and why the river flows
By the guppy.
- Leftfootedness is a great word. (That's not why this poem is here, however.)
- Terrific opening and close, tentative throughout.
Ink and Bubble Jet
- Kind of a simplistic message. I think in art and life it's the framing that really makes the love scene work.
- "Reveal the inner dame". This piece actually does capture some of the feel of the poet.
the last thing in the world
Excellent use of language and setting of mood.
Love is a Liar
A question over breakfast.
- Still life with storm.
I gave up
Prose work about childhood, with a noble aspiration for romance.
A sense of play is very important.
Not all lost romance should be pined over.
- 8 well chosen words.
Heart on Sleeve Corner
374 more heartsongs sent to the Blender last month.